BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Top Ten Quirky Romance Movies for Valentine's Day

Romantic Movies for Valentine's Day for the Slightly Tilted Featuring Quirky Characters

Some of my favorite romance movies feature characters that are a little quirky or slightly mismatched. Why is that? I think it's because I can see a bit of myself in each of them. I'm no saint. I have flaws and quirks. There is something reassuring in knowing that even the oddest duck among us can find a soul mate. Here are my top ten picks for quirky romance movies:

Quirky Romance #1: Benny and Joon, 1993 Benny the mechanic and his mentally ill sister Joon live together in a small town, each without a life of their own until Sam arrives. Sam lives in his own world and patterns himself after silent film star Buster Keaton. Joon and Sam are drawn together and Benny fights to protect his sister from the inevitable pain of relationships. All three characters, aptly played by Johnny Depp, Mary Stuart Masterson and Aidan Quinn, share qualities with me. I am, by turns, protective, independent and whimsical.



Quirky Romance #2: As Good As It Gets, 1997, Jack Nicholson is not my idea of an attractive or romantic fellow but there are times in this movie when he just tears my heart out with his moments of clarity and truth. Struggling with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Melvin Udall lives an organized, patterned life that doesn't allow for change or new people. His gay neighbor Simon Bishop drives him insane and his infatuation with his regular waitress makes him behave completely out of character. The three take a road trip and discover that sometimes what you have is the best life has to offer. Helen Hunt and Greg Kinnear are excellent.



Read More Here


To purchase other movies from this list, click below:



0 comments: